Old 06-08-2003, 02:32 PM
James Bass

Default too late to prune tomatoes ??

This is the first year of my vegetable garden & everything is growing great
(all organic, no chemicals at all). But one issue I'm having is that I
decided to use cages for my tomatoes, I had no idea that these things would
grow so large. I staked them a couple of weeks ago but I'm afraid it was too
late. The plants are beginning to hang & droop, I'm worried that the plants
are going to break as they are so loaded with fruit. Now I hate to prune
branches w/fruit but I had rather have some thna none at all abe cause the
plant breaks @ the "trunk". Should I trim the branches that are hanging ?

-thanks