Old 06-08-2003, 03:02 PM
JennyC

Default Holly problem

"JennyC" wrote
I promised to post some pictures of my browning holly bush.........:
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...x.OddsSods.htm

Turns out not to be a holly at all !!!!!!!!
Karen sent me this :

Sorry but my employer does not allow me to post from work and I have

no
..access at home so I have to e-mail.

It doesn't look like a holly to me. I think it may be Osmanthus

heterophylla.

That's definatly what it is !!!!! I found pictures and here in Holland
its even called "pretend holly" !!

Two points to make if it is:-
1/ I don't know how well it will take being cut back
2/ the one I have in s unny position on a dry soil also does this. In
fact whole branches have been known to dies off like this.
Karen

Does this mean it might be something that only affects Osmanthus?
I could not find anything on google........

Jenny