Old 06-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default 2 questions

"Pam Morris" wrote in message
"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fz9nez.6p3re91bf5seiN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Pam Morris wrote:

why do you want to age stainlees steel? Surely is is ther becauss it

is
stainless ans shiny

pk

I'm not too sure I really do want to age it, it's just that the glare

from
the sun that bounces of it when I'm laying on the deck means I have to

keep
my eyes shut - next thing I know 2 hours have passed... :-)

Aaah then the solution is simple.. give it a spray with artists
mounting glue.. Any dust will soon stick to it and reduce glare!

Of course it rather defeats the purpose of getting Stainless in the
first place!! What is the object in question anyway?

//
Jim

The point of the question was plain curiosity (with a bit of flippancy
thrown in out of sheer devillment!). My garden is "under construction"

this
year and most of the remodelling comprises wood and gravel. The stainless
steel in question is the drum from my old tumble dryer - and is now the
focal point in a raised island bed in the middle of the lawn.

Apologies if you thought my question was pointless but unless questions

are
asked nothing is learned and progress would be non-existant!

If you would like it to look like a sandstone container, paint it with one
of those 2-component liquid resins. (The sort of thing used fopr car body
repairs, which you can get at a Halford shop.) Then overpaint it with the
setting agent and quickly sprinkle some dry sand all over the surface and
wait for it to set. The process is irreversible for practical purposes!

[Franz Heymann]