Old 06-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Frankhartx

Default too late to prune tomatoes ??

From: "James Bass"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens

The plants are beginning to hang & droop, I'm worried that the plants
are going to break as they are so loaded with fruit. Now I hate to prune
branches w/fruit but I had rather have some thna none at all abe cause the
plant breaks @ the "trunk". Should I trim the branches that are hanging ?

-

Tomatoes can go up and they can go down--no problem--you could take some twine
and tie the drooping branch near a fruit clusterto the cage for added support.
Tomatoes are sprawlers and are happy going every which way--take advantage of
your eager plants desire to grow and producem forget this pruning nonsense.