Old 06-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Kay Easton

Default Fat Balls

In article , Patricia
Smith writes
I am spending a fortune on Fat Balls for the birds every week. Does anyone
know of a receipe I could make up myself for the birds.

Try looking at the CJ birdfoods website - they sell a 'home kitchen' for
making your own fatballs so they may also indicate ingredients.

basically, you need bird-type food - dried fruit, oats, tiny bits of
bacon, remains of grated cheese, then you melt some suet to glue it all
together. Exact proportions aren't important!

Suggestions I've seen include - drilling holes in a log and packing that
with your home made fat cake, doing the same with coconut shells, or
packing it into open fir cones.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: