Old 06-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Lynne

Default goldfinch

Recently when I lived in a more urban area, I would sometimes wake to a
persistent pecking at my BR window. The window appears very dark from the
outside; I don't know if it was trying to get around the glass, looking for
food, trying to nest or what. But I didn't really want whatever it was to
make this a habit, so I went to the window to surprise the creature. It was
a little goldfinch, who couldn't see me through the window, at all. I was
able to study him nearly eye-to-eye, until my legs were numb from crouching.
I felt so charmed, I didn't have the heart to scare him away.

"NAearthMOM" wrote in message
yes, I saw my first goldfinch this week!

Just wanted to share with some like minded gardeners!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"