Old 06-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Angel's trumpet--flower faded in two days

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:10:20 GMT, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

Is this normal?
Are the flowers that short lived or was this because of the rain?
Should I cut the petal-less flower base off to avoid a seed pod and
encourage more growth.

I've grown datura with white blossoms. The flowers only
lasted a day. Gorgeous, gorgeous, beautiful things though.
Definitely worth it for those with no young children or
plant-eating pets.

I note - since this is rec.gardens.edible - that all parts
of the plant are poisonous. I'm sure you already know
this...

The datura re-seeded itself and came back several years in a
row.

Mine got quite large with no fertilization - it got to be
about 6' wide, and 5' high. But it was planted in the
ground, not in a pot.

It wouldn't have overwintered where I lived at the time
(Zone 5).

This is all I know about it.

Pat