Old 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Bob Alston

Default Hagen BioLife internal wet/dry filter?

Don't think you need to be concerned about the hoses disconnecting. I have
never even heard of such happening. I have two canister filters including a
Fluval 204 which are both very reliable. I also use foam prefilters on
each, which are cleaned weekly and help to extend the time between cleanings
of the canisters.

--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/
"LeighMo" wrote in message
I already have a Fluval 204 on my (heavily) planted 29g tank, but I've
developed this paranoia about one of the hoses disconnecting. Silly,
I know. Anyway, for that reason I've been musing about using an
internal filter rather than a canister filter.

Well, in that case, maybe it's worth a try.

Also, although I try
to be disciplined about it, I think I'd maintain an internal filter
more frequently than a canister filter. Having to (quick-)disconnect
the hoses increases my afore-mentioned paranoia, and it's a pain to
carry the contraption to the sink, etc.

I only have to clean my filter once every six months or so. (I have a

foam
prefilter over the intake that I rinse weekly.)

I have an Aquaclear 300 on my 29 gallon tank. It's a HOB filter, with no
hoses. Of course, it's not a CO2 injected tank.

Have you considered going no-filter? Maybe just a submerged powerhead, to

keep
the water moving. You'll have plants to serve as your filter.

Leigh

---
Bob's Dell 4400 - Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.