Old 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Larry Caldwell

Default USFS fire suppression funds gone!

(mike hagen) writes:

It's raining - slightly - in the PNW. Unfortunately, this little flurry
of storms will probably cause more fires than it helps.

Yeah, it has been quite a light show at night the last week. I think it
was Tuesday night, it looked like the Emmys there were so many flashes
going off. Fortunately, fire danger is pretty moderate because of the
cool weather and the moisture. The problem will come if it heats up and
the humidity drops again. I'm sure there are dozens of small fires
burning, any one of which could blow up into a major forest fire with a
little dry wind.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc