Old 06-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Snakes

Eric wrote in message ...
Harry

I had this problem last year. It sounds exactly like my garden and

pond!

Keeping herons out of a pond is one problem but how the blazes do you

keep
out grass snakes, I would like to know?

My little 'friend' was about the same size as yours and he had many of

my
best fish during several weeks of the summer. I had always believed

that
they swallowed them whole, but not a bit of it. I caught him eating the

best
flesh off a lovely great fish, on the garden path, one day, and found
several more similarly killed in the bushes around the pond, later.

I'm pleased to say that he hasn't appeared this summer but I am always
expecting a repeat as the river is just behind my garden.

What is wrong with grass snakes, totally harmless, eat frogs, toads, and
some vermin. Why get rid of them. If I had one in my garden it would be
most welcome

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk