Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Jan Flora

Default Compost ingredients?

In article , zxcvbob
wrote:

Jan Flora wrote:

One of the ranchers in our cattlemans association is married to a
vegetarian. It's NBD. When we have to go to convention banquets,
he gets her prime rib and she gets his king crab legs : )

Why would a vegetarian eat crab legs? (Yeah, I know; because they taste
good). So she's not really a vegetarian, but on some kind of no red meat
diet. Or else she thinks fish and crustaceans are vegetables.

Best regards,
Bob

I think she's a "no red meat, thanks" type of vegetarian. AFAIK, she doesn't
eat chicken either, but eats fish & shellfish.

When one of my buds got his first ever commercial fishing job, it was back
east. He told the cook that he didn't eat meat, so the cook and Andy had
lobster for dinner that night and the rest of the crew had hot dogs. That
caused quit an uproar in the galley ;-) Andy still doesn't eat meat, but he's
still fishing. His boat is the "China Cat." He fishes the Copper River sockeyes
that ya'll down south love so much. (So do we!)

Andy is the first gardener I ever heard talk about blue potatoes. He grows
a big crop of them every year. Now everyone up here grows them. (Spuds
and all root crops grow lavishly up here in the Frozen North.) I'm growing
six different kinds of spuds this year -- most of them Alaskan cultivars.
(I'm trying to pull this thread somewhat back on topic...)

Jan