Old 06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Jan Flora

Default Disappointing garden report

In article , Mary McHugh
wrote:

The only high spot is that it looks like I'll shortly be inundated with
tomatoes. I've already picked a few and they did NOT disappoint. :-)
Though, with all the rain we're having (northeast), they're all
threatening to split.

The cukes are not getting pollinated completely. I have not one
eggplant despite blossoms. The only peppers I have are the lilacs and
the one California Wonder bell that I bought fully grown. The Thai hot
chiles are producing and the basil looks great.

The zukes are stunted, yellow squash is rallying. No pumpkins at all.

Next year, I'm just hoping for semi-normal weather.

Mary

Wow, weird. We could have grown corn up here this year. We had a really
early spring and have had hot, dry weather all summer. It's normally rainy
here in July & August, when we're haying. We just finished our hay (200 acres)
and have moved over to the neighbors to do her 80 acres, and haven't had
*any* rain since we started. Weird weather, indeed!

Jan