Old 06-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Jim W

Default mystery plant

David Hill wrote:

Don't think its anything in the Solanaceae family or Buddleia, flowers make
me think of a very small Datura/Brugmansia but I don't think there is one,
and it should not be hardy, though that depends where you are.
When does it flower? and any chance of a closer shot of the flowers.
Finally if it sets seed, what sort of seed pod, and any chance of a few?

I think you'll find Datura is in the Family Solanaceae. unless its been
moved.. From what I remember plants in this family are known for
producing alkaloids (well quite a few of them anyway) and tend to have
trumpet shaped flowers. Inludes the common spud and our own Deadly
Nightshade, not to mention a whole host of cultivated ornamentals.

Family: Solanacea
Genus: Datura I didn't want to narrow it down to Genus, so I used
family instead.. As you say.. the flowers 'look' like Datura. Hence.
Blah blah!

http://brugmansias.com/b/Solanaceae/Datura/

OK for Buddlija (however you spell it!) I used Genus.. but there you go!

I know its hot etc..;-) Whatever it is,.... it could be;-)))))
//
Jim