Old 06-08-2003, 11:36 PM
shannie

Default 'Gardeners' Wilt'

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Jim Paterson" wrote in message
I have heard of clematis wilt and verticillum wilt etc. plus the

unrelated
'Brewers'Droop' all well known problems but how does one combat

'Gardeners'
Wilt' which is what I think I may have contracted during these

extreme
temperatures we have been experiencing lately?
I have to work other peoples gaardens every day and apart from the

odd glass
of squash or tea I have to just get on with it. Maybe I'm just

starting to
feel my age but seriously how do others cope with the heat and still

work
through the day outdoors and not always with a shady area.?
Jim
ps As an ex marine I have obviously experienced a lot worse but I

was kinda
younger then!!!

Split the day into two halves:
Start as early as possible and have a long siesta .........
You obviously don't want to start mowing lawns at 5am but maybe you
could do noisy work in the evenings ?

It's far to hot to be doing manual work outside ATM !

be sure to drink masses and masses - even more than you think you need
:~)

Jenny

I'm not sure if there's a more polite way of phrasing this, not trying to
offend anyone, but along with drinking plenty of liquid make sure your
weeing..if you'r not weeing in this hot weather it's a sign your not
drinking enough and will quickly dehydrate. 6-8 long glass's of liquid
(pint glass's) is generally whats recommended. Not alcohol tho as this will
speed along the dehydration process.

Shannie