Old 07-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Moosh:}

Default GMO biz vs consumers

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:35:18 +1200, Evil *******
posted:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:09:25 +0200, Torsten Brinch wrote:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:43:18 GMT, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:
We do pay a price for having the cheapest food on the planet.

Myth: USA has the cheapest food on the planet

Fact: In 50 out of 63 countries worldwide, you can buy
a Big Mac hamburger cheaper than in USA.

Price of Big Mac in US$, as at April 24 2003

snip

Whoa - pull up for a minute there sunshine.
Who said a Mig MAc qualifies as 'food'?

It is certainly a reasonable meal in Australia.

I could imagine the Big Mac of 2012 - prepared entirely from
laboratory-grown cultures.

Is this important? Doesn't the nutritional quality count for anything?