Old 07-08-2003, 09:02 AM
anton

Default Banned Herbicides & Pesticides

sw wrote in message ...
anton wrote:

snip

To return to the point, the kneejerk classification of synthetic
pesticides as 'poisons' is merely hysterical when there are so
many natural poisons in the garden, and so many other
'poisons' in all other aspects of modern life.

On the other hand, your kneejerk support for pesticide
use is equally hysterical.

In support of your little fantasy, please quote my words to show
that I have a 'kneejerk support for pesticide use'.

Many natural poisons are nicely segregated in places where
they have no effect on me or mine. Anyone for ragwort?

Implicated in hundreds of deaths of horses per year in the
UK, according to a recent report iirc.

As to the rest, I
see no point in adding to the risk.

If avoiding all pesticide use is your chosen means of 'not
adding to the risk', fine. Some non-pesticide users make
greater use of plastic sheeting; flame-throwers; or powered
tools such as strimmers as a result of not using pesticides,
In my opinion the 'risks', whether environmental or
personal, of these actions are often greater than the risks
of pesticide use.

Please note however, I wouldn't dream of telling you that
your gardening method without pesticides is wrong,
whereas you appear to consider it reasonable for
people to scream about others putting 'poisons' into the
environment with any use of pesticides. Correct me if I
have misunderstood your views.

There's no point in continuing this, either. We will have
to agree to differ.

As you've misstated my position, you're not in a position
to agree on anything.

--
Anton