Old 07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Mike Stevenson

Default Spent mushroom soil

I totally agree. And moreso the long term impact from the economic loss, in
terms of jobs and commercial revenue, due to the closing of a thriving
business, can turn out to be very devestating to a community...

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Mike Stevenson said:

It's becuase of money I'm sure. A county can get a crap load more taxes

out
of putting 4 or 5 single family homes on an acre over what they can get

from
a farm...

Penny wise and pound foolish, though. The 4 or 5 single family homes will
demand far more in services than the farmer ever will -- more than their

taxes
will cover, usually.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI