Old 07-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Larry Harrell

Default Fire danger big!

(Aozotorp) wrote in message ...
Failure to repress Grass and Brush has led to problems = but no profit for
removal!
What are you going to do with fire danger and no old growth or clear-cuts to
profit from???

Since when does the USFS use clearcuts to solely reduce fuels and fire
danger? Most USFS fuel reduction projects remove small diamteter trees
in overstocked stands. Bush's plans include removing some medium-sized
trees in order to insure that projects do indeed sell. Nobody wins if
the project is prepared and no one bids on it. You have major
misconceptions about how the system works. In California, we've done
many large projects that don't involve trees bigger than 30" dbh trees
and they did sell with most of the marked trees in the 9-18" dbh
range.
Get a clue, bud. (He probably thinks he's being successful if he
wastes our time but, this is all a part of educating the American
public)

Larry