Old 07-08-2003, 02:32 PM
SugarChile

Default zebra-striped catepillars

They stick almost exclusively to parsley and dill, and are not likely to
move to your other plants. They will soon finish growing and crawl off to
pupate. Butterflies have a hard time of it these days, because of
widespread pesticide use, so I always gladly sacrifice some parsley when I'm
lucky enough to get the caterpillars.

Here's some more information:
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/d...USA/mi/895.htm

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

i have some zebra-striped catepillars who are all over my parsley --

like
whole family just appeared one day and began camping out. they are

eating
the be-geesis out of the parsley, too. are they likely to move on to

other
plants? should i be concerned? should i pluck 'em off and git rid of

'em?

thanks for any help.

steve snow