Old 07-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Sacha

Default mystery plant

in article , David Hill at
wrote on 6/8/03 11:26 pm:

"....... Family: Solanacea
Genus: Datura I didn't want to narrow it down to Genus, so I used family
instead.. ........"

Well you live and learn.....
Now all that's left is to identify the plant

Looking at Phillips & Rix I'm as sure as is possible that it's Brugmansia x
candida. "An evergreen shrub (a natural hybrid between B. aurea and B.
versicolor) with pendulous fragrant white, rarely yellow or pink
flowers......flowering in summer-autumn. Shrub to 5m. Leaves 30-50cm long,
alternate, ovate, mostly untoothed, with wavy margins. Flowers to 30cm
long, rather narrowly trumpet-shaped, with recurved lobes and a spathe-like
calyx."
I'm going to forward this to David Poole.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)