Old 07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default Spring Lawn fertilizer

(Sunday4) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

I purchased a bag of Scott's lawn fertlizer (and weedkill) this
spring. Due to the heavy rains this season in Northern Virginia
combined with my laziness, I never got around to applying it. Is it
too late to use it now?

Scott's recommends a cycle approach where they want you to buy
different fertilizers for different seasons. Wondering if using the
"Spring" version now (early August) will adversely affect the lawn.

There's quite a bit of weed growth and the wife keeps blaming it on my
not applying fertilizer.

Thanks

Start with a soil test.
Adjust the Ph and then add nutrients as indicated.