Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Unique Too

Default RMV... What do you do after?

I found the following errors in the sites you mentioned. When a site contains
two items of misinformation I start to doubt the reliabilty of the rest of
their information. Cleaning your pruners between plants isn't a bad idea, but
since symptoms of RMV may not show up for several years you would have to
disinfect everytime you work on a different plant.

"Mosaic:
snip
Control:
snip
Plant virus resistant roses if possible. "

There is no such thing as an RMV resistant rose. If you graft an infected root
to a healthy cutting, it will be infected.

"Rosette and Witches Broom:
snip
Control:
The exact cause of this disease is unknown. Infected plants cannot be cured.
Try to control insects, particularly leaf hoppers and plant hoppers....."

RRD is caused by a mite. And there is an insecticide which kills the mites
that spread the disease. See Ann Peck's site for more details.
http://web.ntown.net/~apeck/index.htm

Julie

"Theo Asir" writes:

I can't find my original source but