Old 07-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Morning horror

Hey BV, or "the man with the T-shirt" ;-)

Yeah I know, upward water pressure can be really really strong. Still, the
pump sits on "top" of the rock, so it should help a bit if it all goes pear
shaped again. Or then again maybe not...

One thing that might save the fish (if they are smart) is that the pond is
actually 2 ponds with a small opening (approx 1 ft by 1 ft) towards their
"bedroom" under the deck. Pumps are only in the outside part, so if they
drain, the "bedroom" will still keep about 5 ft of water.

Still, knowing what I know now, if I had to do it again, it would be
concrete/brick (insulated) walls/polyester/top coating. Hmmm... maybe next
year :-)

The liner thing is giving me the creeps to be honest. As expensive as it
was.

Theo

"BenignVanilla" schreef in bericht
Theo...I speak from experience. If your 'rock' cannot be described as 'a
boulder', 'it took 5 of us to move it', 'and then the back hoe put it

down',
or 'as big as a volkswagon'...IT WILL NOT hold the liner down. I had
probably close to 100 lb's of rock on my liner before the pond was done,

and
my VF lifted ALL of it out of the ground.

Water is stronger then the hulk AND spiderman.

BV.