Old 07-08-2003, 09:02 PM
dstvns

Default White powder on pumkpkin leaves

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:05:21 -0500, Andrew McMichael
wrote:

This morning my pumpkin leaves were all covered with a white powder. I'm
assuming this is some kind of mold. Are there any organic remedies for this?

Definetly powdery mildew. I had that a lot last year in the drought.
If you remove all vines in autumn, collect them in one spot and bury
1-2 ft you might be able to avoid it next year. By all means don't
abandon this years crop

If you ever grow red bergamot flowers the mildew is notorious for
attacking it after they flower. But getting to see the hummingbirds
all daylight hours of summer is quite a sight.

Dan