Old 07-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Spam Collector

Default Stop Wal-Mart From Building over the Aquifer!

In article , Terry Horton wrote:
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:31:40 GMT, (Doug McLaren)
wrote:

In article ,
animaux wrote:

| I love my Walmart stock. I love that people can buy goods at a very
| affordable price, but again I ask, do we really need one every few
| miles in any direction? In this particular instance, do we need one
| over the aquifer?

This has been brought up before -- the aquifer is huge, many hundreds
of square miles.

Tired, thread-bare anti-enviro lingo, "But the _____ is so big it
won't matter how much _____ we pollute it with."

So just exactly where can something be built that's NOT on an aquifer?
No matter where people build/live/work/shop, it is affecting somebody's
water. Whats so special about yours??

Frank