Old 08-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Martin

Default [IBC] White Pine

If you have an Eastern white pine, you have a headache. Long needles, hard
to transplant, even in spring; and those long internodes you were
mentioning. I dunno what to say.
Transplanting it now is almost a sure loser. If you're taking it to a
workshop next month, try keeping it in its pot or burlap. Work on it at the
workshop, then bury it in the ground for the winter. Next spring you can
put it in a bonsai pot, but you still have to be careful with those ticklish
roots.
Marty