Old 08-08-2003, 02:34 PM
animaux

Default Stop Wal-Mart From Building over the Aquifer!

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:13:02 GMT, (Terry Horton) wrote:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:40:52 GMT, animaux wrote:

I love my Walmart stock. I love that people can buy goods at a very affordable
price, but again I ask, do we really need one every few miles in any direction?
In this particular instance, do we need one over the aquifer?

I thought you might enjoy this quote ca. 1950, inscribed on the
monument in front of Barton Springs Pool....

"If I have to fight for this country, I will not fight for the flag,
or the American 'way of life', or democracy, or private enterprise or
for any other abstractions, which seem cold as kraut to me. But I will
fight to the last ditch for Barton Creek, Boggy Creek, cedar-covered
limestone hills, blazing star and bluebonnets, golden- cheeked
warblers and black-capped vireos... This love of your native land is
basic." - Roy Bedicheck

The Rush Limbaugh got a radio show. Nuff said.