Old 08-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Chris McCarty

Default Yellow jackets hovering over the lawn.

I recently purchased a new home in So. California soon discovered that there
are a large number of yellow jackets and wasps hovering over my lawn, both
front and back. Upon closer examination I noticed that there are also a
large number very small insects that look like fleas or mites hopping around
in the lawn. I believe the yellow jackets feed on these smaller insects, so
my thinking is that if I find a way to eliminate these insects, the yellow
jackets will leave. My question is, how do I get rid of the fleas/ mites (or
whatever they are) with out dumping a bunch of toxic chemicals on the area
where I would like to put up a swing set for my 3 year old? Any thoughts
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chris