Old 08-08-2003, 06:14 PM
sw

Default Why won't my Peppers ripen?

Franz Heymann wrote:

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , sw
writes
Kay Easton wrote:

Green peppers I've bought from the supermarket remain steadfastly green
for several weeks (in the fridge), and remain green for a week or more
in a cool place -- I've never seen one change colour (unless it was
rotting).

Mine do after a week or so, but I don't keep them in the fridge.

How wide and how high are these pepper plants?
Will I be able to grow them to fruiting on an East facing window sill?
If so how and when do I start?

Someone else will have to advise on when and how to start growing them
indoors: I recall some people growing chillis on windowsills indoors; I
can't, as our cats would devour the plants. The dwarf bell peppers and
the habanero are less than 12" high and wide, but the hungarian wax is
closer to 18", and the F1 hybrid long red peppers I've grown from seed
(worked out c. 25p each, those seeds!) are approaching 2' in height
although they're not wide.

regards
sarah

--