Old 08-08-2003, 06:16 PM
PJ

Default Transparent hedge in winter

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 8:20:30 +0100, Kay Easton wrote
(in message ):

In article , PJ
writes

Self repairing and very little maintenance IMHO as well.

Hmm.

Well my simple privet hedge seems to be fine with just two trimmings a year
with my electric hedge trimmer

It would be better if I did more I guess...

Sound insulation is
excellent.

Not as good as solid brick

This is very true, but the hedge does have the advantage of creating a lovely
sonic environment in the area it is enclosing.

If you want privacy the hedge can be let grow to 7 feet even
without causing offence, whereas a wall that high will just look appalling.

And require planning permission

I have heard that over 6 foot walls require planning permission, but this is
hearsay on my part, I don't know what the rules are really.

--
Patrick