Old 08-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Rusty

Default Hydrangea colours

"Exiddor" wrote:
I bought a couple of hydrangeas last week - one is a deep red colour and
the other was a beautiful deep blue.
There's no problem with the red one but, in the space of a week, the other
one has gradually changed from deep blue, through purple, and is now a

kind
of washed-out pinkish-blue which doesn't appeal to me at all.
Is there anything I can do to restore it to the beautiful
deep blue colour it was when purchased?
---

Certainly there is. Get hold of some aluminium sulphate or better still,
Miracid, a soil acidifier and plant food with chelated iron. Follow the
instructions on the pack, however, it might take a little time to get back
that beautiful deep blue. An old gardening buddy used to dig in rusty metal,
old nails etc. The Miracid should do the trick for you.
BOL
Rusty