Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Jan Flora

Default Fertilizers and care?

In article , "Some One"
wrote:

[...]

- Spider plants - Got TONS of these. Many are spindly, but they
propagate pretty easily! How do I get them to thicken up?!?

Let them get rootbound. I mean, so rootbound that you can hardly
knock them out of their pots. They'll bloom and be happy. Feed them
once in awhile with Shultz's or any normal houseplant food. (I use
water-soluable houseplant fertilizers.)

Water them when they get dry. Let them dry out between waterings.

Soak them in the sink once in awhile, so you get the entire rootball wet.
When they start looking unhappy, it's time to soak them until you don't see
any bubbles coming up out of the soil. Then let them sit in the water for
another 10 minutes.

Otherwise, ignore them and they'll love you.

Jan