Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Frogleg

Default Water & fertilize bulbs in spring or fall?

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:28:14 -0400, Pelvis Popcan
wrote:

I'd like to get some input on the group here on when it's best to
water and fertilize established bulbs (bulbs that have grown and
bloomed for at least one year). I understand it makes sense to add a
little fertilizer and water to a new bulb planting.

My particular bulbs are daffodils and bearded iris. Technically
bearded iris isn't a bulb, but I suppose this could apply to any
perennial.

I fertilize daffodils in the spring when they are growing. A search on

iris fertilize

and a brief look at some references says that's the time to fertilize
iris, too.