Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
animaux

Default "Chemicals"

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:27:22 GMT, "Warren" wrote:

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .

(...)

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here would say there is no

use
in a gardening or on a lawn care for some synthesized chemicals, and

I'm
very sure that everyone is aware that just because it's organic, it
doesn't do all good, and nothing but good.

(...)

Raising hand! You are not accurate about that. Not in my case. I

don't use
any pesticides at all.

Let me make sure you're raising your hand to the right thing. When I
said, "but I don't think anyone here would say there is no use
in a gardening or on a lawn care for some synthesized chemicals," I was
not speaking of the choice you make for your own garden. If you're
disagreeing with me, you'd be saying you don't believe that synthesized
chemicals have any use for anyone, anywhere in the entire disciplines of
gardening or lawn care.

If you meant to disagree with me so globally, then I stand corrected. I
would also then say I respect your choice for your garden, and I believe
you are generally in a good place. But I'd also have to call you an
extremist if you're saying that there is no one anywhere that has a
valid use for a synthesized chemical in caring for their lawn and
garden. And I'd have to point out that I find fundamental problems with
any extremist view, even if I agree with most of the doctrine.

Certainly my goal is to be as organic as practically possible. And I
respect those that personally go beyond what's practical because it's
what they believe is best, and advocate their beliefs. I don't respect
people who tell me that there is no room for dissenting opinion in the
ranks.

Mother Teresa didn't expect everyone to be just like her and do
everything she did.

Mother Theresa? What does she have to do with this? Oh a metaphor...I guess?

Anyway, here is where I stand. There is no NEED for anyone, anywhere to use
synthetic methods to grow food, turf, or trees. No NEED. I didn't say NO USE.
I would argue that The Gallo Wine Vineyards are some of the largest vineyards in
the world and supply may millions of gallons of wine. They are strictly
organic, certified. In other words, they don't' NEED to use anything other than
organic/natural method.

This takes time to learn, and my take on it is that most people are not willing
to learn how, so they rationalize what they are doing. It's not only in
gardening, it's in all walks of life.

If someone comes to me and asks me a question, but doesn't like my answer, that
person will ask ten more people till they find the answer they are looking to
hear. It's no different with people who garden.

It's not a matter of character. It's a matter of responsibility. If you don't
agree, that's really fine. We'll have to disagree. However, your "doctrine"
is just as "fundamental" as mine, so keep that in mind.