Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Gary M

Default "Chemicals"

animaux wrote in
:

I prefer to not mess with that. If you don't care, so be it. I do,
as do many others. Makes the world go around, I suppose.

I am in my first year in a new home and I am beginning to learn about the
trials and tribulations of lawn care. I opted for a lawn service because
of my lack of understanding and a desire to not lose the lawn in the
first year.

Before reading this thread I have come to the realization that
professional lawncare is a tread mill (I stop short of calling it a scam,
due to limited experience, but I will say I am very doubtful of the
methods and process).

The guy has come twice now and done his step 2 of a 5 step program.
Everywhere he fertilized has brown patch, which tells me he may have done
something wrong and upset the balance (it also has been wet and humid for
a few weeks now, so I could be off base). In any case, the cracks in my
faux peace of mind are beginning. I have a 6 month old daughter. I want
her to play on the lawn as I did when I was a kid and I am just worried
about those little colored pellets that lie around on the thatch. I would
love to understand how I can organically maintain my lawn. If organic is
the wrong word, then I simply do not want to dump sacks of godknows on my
lawn for godknowwhy reasons.

Can you maintain a beautiful lawn (forget beautiful, let's leave it at
"lawn") sans Scott's 4 step program?

Gary