Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Phisherman

Default "Chemicals"

There are a few off-the-deep-end "organic" folks. Personally, I am
not one of them. I use products available to me at reasonable cost,
but I do preach about reading and following all the directions on the
container. I've tried "organic methods" and sometimes they work,
other times they are not very effective at all. For example, I hate
pulling weeds and I use Weed-B-Gone and Spectricide in small amounts
with spot treating. Never have I spread weed killer over my entire
lawn, although the directions say you can--it is not necessary in most
cases. I've tried going completely "organic" on my rose garden, and
the methods of natural aphid-control and black-spot control were
unfortunately not successful for me at all, but I gave it a try
anyway. BTW, I have a praying mantis that has been living on my
hydrangea for the past two months and this exceptional specimen has
been chemical-free for the last two years feeding on compost and a
little rotted manure.