Old 08-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Torsten Brinch

Default GMO biz vs consumers

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:02:37 GMT, Marcio Watanabe
wrote:

Torsten Brinch wrote:

No, look above. We are talking about how the price of
food in USA compares to the price of food elsewhere
on the planet.

No, you are talking about that. The original person who brought this
up is talking about something else. Based on your domain, I assume
you are not a native English speaker, so you might not know that
cheap/cheaper/cheapest can be used in absolute or comparative terms.

Based on your domain :-). Thanks.

You two are just not talking about the same thing.

The original person who brought this up wrote (with reference to USA):
"I will agree with you about the cheese in the supermarket. But you
can get good cheese you have to order it or go to a specitly store if
you are in a city. We do pay a price for having the cheapest food on
the planet. Aged cheese and beef are expensive and not avilble in
every grocery store."

I would be interested in knowing how you understand 'cheapest' in this
context, noting that you do not read it as a reference to the relation
between the price of food in USA and the price of food in other
countries on the planet.