Old 09-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Camp-out in the Garden

The message
from (paghat) contains these words:

We've a pal visiting from Idaho and though we have a spare futon and
plenty of room in the house, she suddenly insisted on camping out in the
garden cuz she thought it was like a tiny park. It was fun and funny to
see her little puptent and bedding out there. She said the birds weren't
afraid of her and gathered around her at dawn. Now my sweety Granny
Artemis is saying we should sleep out there too. No! Don't make me! I like
my bed!

Do try it..preferably without a tent, just under the sky on a dry
starry night. It's magic, one of life's great unsung delights, not to be
missed.

Now that I'm middle aged I find my old down sleeping bag restrictive
and a bit claustrophobic, which is passing strange, because in our
heyday I could comfortably share it :-). So just improvise with
household stuff. Good ground insulation underneath (plastic sheet under
folded duvet), then loose blanket or duvet on top of you, and your usual
pillows, are softee camping but ensure comfort and sleep.

Janet.