Old 09-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Walter Epp

Default GMO biz vs consumers

"Moosh:}" wrote:
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:16:43 -0700, Walter Epp
posted:

"Gordon Couger" wrote:
When the FDA and USDA say that there are no differences worth labeling most
of the people trust them as they trust them for assuring the safety of their
milk, meat and drugs. Our government does not work like a lot of
parliamentary governments that form a gang and railroad things though until
they can no longer agree and break up and make a new gang. Every issue
stands on its own.

Since we have reguatutory agencies with a long history and proven expertise
we trust them more than people in Europe seem to trust theirs.

Only if we are ignorant of how they are operating.
Michael Taylor worked for Monsanto, then went to work for the FDA where he
wrote the rules for labels regarding Monsanto's genetically engineered product
saying there's no difference, then he went back to work for Monsanto.

And you have evidence of any fraud or other wrongdoing?

Fraud is not needed when your own people are writing the rules.
Do you know what conflict of interest is?

When Richard Burroughs at the FDA held up approval due to scientifically
inadequate research and challenged company studies that dropped sick cows
from test trials and manipulated data in other ways to make health and
safety problems disappear, he was fired.

And where did you get this story from?

You commented elsewhere on http://www.psrast.org/bghsalmonella.htm but
now your question indicates you didn't bother to actually read it.
See also http://www.monitor.net/monitor/9904b/monsantofda.html

--
delete N0SPAAM to reply by email