Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Noydb

Default Early August report from the tomato patch

dkra wrote:

At the office, on the patio, full sun almost all day:

Mortgage Lifter: Huge plant, blooming, dropping blossoms[1], no fruit
yet.

In my raised boxes (Plamted (from seed) March 19, full sun, constant weep
irrigation, heavy duty trellis, heavy compost mulch) Mortgage Lifter is
setting as many as 7 fruit in a single cluster. Many are now 4"(+) across.
Prone to cat-facing (about 1 in 2 or 3). EXCELLENT green fired tomato. All
meat, small seed cavities, splendid flavor!

No red tomatoes yet, but then, they are still gaining size. Vines ~7'.

(National Pickling cukes, planted the same day, are over 9'. If I make the
trellis any taller than the present 10', my wife will call for a sanity
hearing. So far, I have 16 qts of kosher dills from 16' of row.)

Bill

--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)