Old 09-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Jan Flora

Default Tomato plants and Apple trees

In article ,
(Roxanne) wrote:

My container grown tomato plants were beautiful, when they needed
staked we were chopping down an apple tree, so I used some of the long
straight branches for stakes. Now my plants look terrible, I think
they're almost dead. Does it have anything to do with the apple
branches?

I can't think of anything an apple tree could harbor that would harm a
tomato plant. Did you punch the branches into the pots after you planted
the tomatoes? You should install the stakes at planting time, so you don't
hurt the roots.

Use that applewood to smoke meat/fish or in your BBQ. It's the best!

Jan