Old 09-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Retiredff

Default Two tomato problems and stegosaurus worm...friend or foe?

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
Got what I believe are two issues affecting two tomato plants and
found an interesting worm.

First the worm...my first thought was "stegosaurus" :-)
http://members.aol.com/digitalvinyl6...saurusworm.jpg

That's the good 'ol tobacco horn worm cat. (And it is the tomato horn worm
that attacks tobacco. Go figure.) And yes, those are wasp eggs on its back.
The only ones I allow to live are the ones with eggs. Those wasps apparently
feed only on those caterpillars.

The horn worm will do an amazing job destroying your plants and tomatoes. I
have has five-foot plants nearly stripped, and all tomatoes damaged, in just
a few days.