Old 09-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Unique Too

Default RMV... What do you do after?

"Theo Asir" writes:

"Mosaic:
snip
Control:
snip
Plant virus resistant roses if possible. "

There is no such thing as an RMV resistant rose. If you graft an infected

root
to a healthy cutting, it will be infected.

True.
I assume they meant virus free stock.

I didn't assume that at all. We do use the term disease resistant when
referring to either blackspot or powdery mildew so it seems logical to me they
meant there were RMV resistant roses.

RRD is caused by a mite. And there is an insecticide which kills the

mites
that spread the disease. See Ann Peck's site for more details.
http://web.ntown.net/~apeck/index.htm

Its not 'caused' by a mite, its spread by it.
But no one knows the cause really. probably a virus.

You're right on this one, it is SPREAD by a mite, not caused by. That was
definitly my error.

Julie