Old 09-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Freshly received flasks

"Jerry Hoffmeister" writes:
You've been shopping from Mick at HBI, right?

Actually, no. http://www.speciesorchids.com/ . Ian has been very
helpful and professional about doing business with a complete
newbie. When these flasks die, I will probably go back to him to try
again.

Looks like the flasks are liking their new climate, by the way.

instructions (if you didn't buy then from him, his website its
http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/f/...s/orchid.html, click on
the questions and answers link and you'll find deflasking info as well as
his suggestions for growing ghosts.

Ah. I will surely have a go.

But - my big vandas are potted in coarse bark. Do I use fine bark for
the ascocentrum seedlings?

From the links posted here and what Ian has told me, I will let the
flasks sit until next week. Then I will do my very best not to kill
off more seedlings than I have to.

Geir