Old 09-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Lil

Default yellow and dry phalaenopsis leaves

I posted a question about leaves dropping off phalaenopsis. The baby
one that had lost one of its three leaves is in danger of losing the
second--it's looking yellowish and dry. Why is it?

I don't understand it--the baby Vanna and miltonia cross that's on the
same shelf is doing well. Some of the larger oncidium on the shelf
above it are sprouting new leaves and/or roots.

Is it because it's too much light--the grow shelf is inside the patio
door, where it gets late afternoon sun. Because the sun is quite
strong, I've had the vertical blinds partly slanted to let in only a
bit of light. Because we've had a lot of windows we get a fair amount
of indirect light.

Is it because there's not enough humidity?

Thanks in advance.

Lil