Old 09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Mike Miller

Default H20 changes vs. SA - which is better?

Where do you live that you get 3 1/2"/hour of rain?! Also, is ORP something
you're actually testing for? Can you explain?

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
I'm becoming suspect of rainwater! Last weekend, we had a deluge,

something
like 7 inches in about 2 hours. I monitor ORP in my pond (simple
explanation: oxygen reduction potential). The higher the number, the

better
your pond water. Mine usually runs in the 320-370 range. After the rain,

it
dropped to 130! That's how much pollution there was in the rainwater! And
acid: it dropped my KH by nearly 100 ppm. I hope *your* rain is better

than
MY rain G!

I'm happy to know that I was able to help. The one thing I found out about
this hobby is that ignorance is bliss: the more I learn, the more I find

out
I NEED to learn (long sigh).

Perhaps you can get yourself a long, tall, cool one, sit by the pond
(assuming a Zen attitude) and just gently "tease" the stuff from the other
roots? That's what I do with the SA when it infringes on the WH roots . .

..
Now granted, it may take a FEW long, tall, cool ones to get in the right
frame of mind!