Old 09-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Official heat wave pics...

Most here don't have airco, but I guess that will change rapidly.
Personally I only have a portable unit for the bedroom, but that was very
expensive ($ 1000 ) and doesn't work all that well :-(

We mostly have an unstable climate with lots of rain all year long, but this
year has been very dry. July was the hottest month since they started
recording temps, August is going to be a scorcher as well it seems.
Haven't had a decent rain shower in 8 weeks now, which is quite unusual.

Me I like it to be 25°C max, that way you can still haul stones around or
dig something, now it's just sitting next to the pond, sweating.

LOL & thermometers... my wife & I are thinking about a golden
retriever/labrador, but I'm not sure how that will work with the cats,
turtles & fish. They are great gentle animals ... do yours jump in the
pond very often ?

Theo

"K30a" schreef in bericht
Heavens. I missed the Belgian reference somewhere down the road.
I've been wondering about you all over there. Do many people have air
conditioning? We never did when I lived right on the coast on the Pacific,

but
here in the inland of Washington state we sure do love it as 90++ visits

us a
lot in the summer.
Our pond is 2.5 feet deep, some shade and does well in the summer. I had a
couple of thermometers in there at one time but the dogs always managed to

sink
them, eat them, destroy them - you name it.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html