Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Basil Malithorne

Default Space Under Deck

What I did when I built my deck was to make the gap beneath a low maintenance affair. I covered the ground underneath with landscape fabric and then with broken concrete from the porch it replaced. Not a real attractive sight. But on the vertical surface, I also stretched landscape fabric over that are and covered that with sections of the white vinyl lattice. Now that gap looks clean and organized all the time and it helps keep critters out. That fabric is very strong. My gap is not that tall, but I think it still might work for you as the fabric I used was 4' wide. You may need to build supporting structure to staple the fabric to though.

Malithorne

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message ...
I have a deck that is about 4 feet off the ground. I built lattice around
the base last year to hide the ugly dirt piles under neath. Since we moved
in, I have tried to figure out what to do with the space. It's not really
good for storage because 1) It's only got a four foot clearance, and I don't
want to see junk piled up under it.

Any ideas?

I wonder if it would be a good place for a bog?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond