Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
K30a

Default Frog Bogs

Bern wrote how do you keep mosquitos from breeding vigorously.

I use Mosquito Bits in the bog and six other fishless pondlets.
I also toss it into a moist grassy area in the big pond where the water level
rises and falls but fish can't get in.
So far so good. I made a homemade tester like I've seen the control board use.
A small container at the end of a long pole. I dip it in and see who is in the
cup. So far, no mosquitoes.
I apply Mosquito Bits every two weeks. They are the same product as Mosquito
Dunks but in the plant dense bog I think the bits get into more nooks and
crannies.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html