Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
groovy

Default Space Under Deck

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
I have a deck that is about 4 feet off the ground. I built lattice around
the base last year to hide the ugly dirt piles under neath. Since we moved
in, I have tried to figure out what to do with the space. It's not really
good for storage because 1) It's only got a four foot clearance, and I

don't
want to see junk piled up under it.

Any ideas?

I wonder if it would be a good place for a bog?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

It would be the perfect place to grow mushrooms on some old logs. Fried
mushrooms for breakfast yum.

Also in Italy, I saw something that might work. Vertical walls of very rough
concrete with hand moulded 'pockets' in them. The pockets are filled with
soil and then ferns and some sort of tiny red orchids are planted. Delicate
variegated ivy are planted at ground level and climb up the rough concrete.
To reflect light into the area polished marble (obviously not the good stuff
but the offcuts) is laid on the floor and outside as well. The effect is of
grotto. A couple of lighted water features and it becomes the perfect
place to sit when its too hot in the garden.